Thursday, October 17, 2019

8 mile ruck with a buy in

Workout for the day:
8 mile ruck with a buy in.

What's a buy in, you say? It means you have to "pay" the PT before you start the ruck. The buy in for this workout was 60 push ups and 60 sit ups. The push ups we're okay as I did ' do them with the ruck on, maybe I should have. The sit-ups were more like 30 sit-ups and 30 something closely resembling sit-ups. 

After the buy-in I did the 8 miles trying to keep a 15 minute pace like I did last week. It was a little tough for two reasons. This week I had a huge hill in the ruck and second my foot has been bothering me the last couple of days so I couldn't run down the hill. I don't know whether or not I kept my time because my Fitbit died in the last couple of miles. 

All that said, it was a warm enough night that I only needed my base layer, gloves, and ear covering. I very much enjoyed the ruck. I used to worry that I would have a hard time with the 30+ pound weight but my body has adapted quickly and I don't feel it for most of the long rucks. Even then if I take a quick break I'm good for another long stretch. I think I'm ready for the rucking part of the Tough challenge next week. It's the PT that I'm worried about, and getting soaked in lake Michigan, and carrying logs for a long time. I am excited for the team building and testing of my mental fortitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment